We live, most of us, feeling as though we’re missing something.
We seek to feel whole, internally, and this often has a toll on our mental well-being. And what’s worse, many of us use mechanisms such as addiction to try and run, hide from, or bottle down this feeling of unworthiness only to do further damage to ourselves.
The reality is, we’ve just lost sight of the truth. You are whole, and the wisest men and women throughout human history have echoed this relentlessly for you to hear. You just have to be willing to listen to their voices.
I hope the below collection of quotes helps spark something within you – a feeling of strength in your own skin. And to feel worthy… just as you are.
1. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.
– Helen Keller (more quotes)
2. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
3. Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.
– Dan Coppersmith
4. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
5. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?
– Brigham Young
6. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.
– Johnny Depp (more quotes)
8. Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.
– Dr. Maya Angelou (more quotes)
9. Maya Angelou quotes – Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
– Anaïs Nin (more quotes)
10. When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.
– Harry Palmer
11. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.
– Kim McMillen
12. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.
– Harvey Fierstein
13. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
– Eleanor Roosevelt (more quotes)
14. The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours it is an amazing journey and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
– Bob Moawad
15. A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.